Friday, March 13, 2015

simply create too 81



It's all about "Easter or Bunnies" over at Simply Create Too this time around. I went Easter with this cute Chick Stack from Stamping Bella.


I started by trimming a panel from watercolor paper and watercoloring with yellow and green. When dry, I stamped three different sizes of eggs with white pigment ink to achieve a bokeh look. TIP: You get an even better bokeh effect by sponging white pigment ink through a stencil. But I wanted to use the egg shape so I used the reverse of clear stamps.

Then I temporarily adhered the panel to the card front and die cut the oval. Stamped chicks on the inside of card (with sentiment) peeking through aperture. Tied a bow with crochet thread and adhered it.

How about getting a jump start on your Easter cards? Simply create, too, and join us. Thanks for visiting today.

3 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Those chicks are so cute and I love that you used eggs for the bokeh effect, so fun!

Anita in France said...

Easter egg bokeh ... how cute and fun, Maria ... your stacked chicks are so sweet! Anta :)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very cute Easter card, love the watercolour background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...