Saturday, February 14, 2015

more papertrey 8th anniversary

First off, Happy Love Day peeps! May your day be filled with chocolate!


I've got two cards for the Papertrey Anniversary celebration. First off for Day 8 - Blue Ombre.


I used markers to ink up the blooms (light blue to dark blue) from Mini Blooms and misted them before stamping. Added a sentiment in black and the perfect multi-functional, easily mailable card was born. Actually made a second one while I was at it. I think it could even work as a sympathy card. And now for the contrast program.


The jury is still out on this one. The glittery base was an experiment from awhile back. I die cut the Chevron Plate from scrap, laid it over the black, covered up the remaining areas and hit it with spray adhesive. Removed the masks and poured on the glitter (gold at the top, silver at the bottom). Burnished it all with my finger and this was the result.

I must admit, the heart and the sentiment were laying around on my desk. So I stuck them on. Probably not the best way to make a card ;)

Anyhoo, this is for Day 7 - Heavy Metal Challenge. Are you playing? The challenges are open til Sunday.

15 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Greta takes on the two challenges Maria!
Love both cards and that heavy metal just rocks! (sorry, couldn't help it! ;o)
Happy Cupid's day to you!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Love the contrast, the first one has that beautiful watercolour look and the second card is very striking, it's so cool!

Love
Maarit

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, these are both simply gorgeous, hugs Pops x

Carole said...

nice cards the flowers are very pretty x

Geri said...

Oh Maria...I LOVE both of these! That top one is just lovely!!! I ran out of time for that challenge, dang it!!! Your glitter on the 2nd looks gorgeous on that dark background!!! Hey the papers you asked about are Soft Stone cardstock and patterned paper from PTI...Man I could use em on EVERYthing!!! Thanks so much for your sweet visit!!!

Geri said...

Oh Maria...I LOVE both of these! That top one is just lovely!!! I ran out of time for that challenge, dang it!!! Your glitter on the 2nd looks gorgeous on that dark background!!! Hey the papers you asked about are Soft Stone cardstock and patterned paper from PTI...Man I could use em on EVERYthing!!! Thanks so much for your sweet visit!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Maria...LOVE them both! I love the technique you used for your sweet posies card, just so beautiful need to give this a try. Your second card with all the wonderful glitter is so amazing and sweet. Happy Valentine's Day!

Deepti said...

Gorgeous cards! I love those glittery chevrons :)

Shelly said...

Love them both! Fabulous cards!
Happy Valentine's day! Enjoy!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

LOVE that second card - amazing!! The first one is a bit tame for you... Happy Valentine's Day to you, Maria!

Kara Lynne said...

That misting technique has a beautiful water color look on your flowers. I love the mix of silver and gold on the heavy metal card!

Greta said...

These are lovely, Maria! Those metallic chevrons are just gorgeous!

shirley-bee said...

I love making cards from scraps on my desk! Love how the chevrons turned out, and I like the soft colouring on the flowers.

Anita in France said...

Those sweet posies are so pretty, Maria ... and oh my, those glittery, shimmery chevrons ... glorious ... and as if these two cards weren't enough to brighten a day ... you wish us one filled with chocolate ... heavenly! Anita :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love the blue ombre - especially because of the triangular shape of the floral image. I really love your glitter experiment, and I happen to think that sometimes just sticking something on your desk on a card to finish it comes out just perfectly. I love the way your happenstance finished off your card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...