Monday, November 10, 2014

joyful and merry magic

This week I'm playing with the Joyful stamp set from STAMPlorations (Which is on sale. Just sayin'.) Have a look.


It's such fun. Not just cuz of those four larger images, but look at all those words in that old typewriter font. Does that not look like fun waiting to happen.

Must admit, the very first thing I noticed was the "ho!", quickly followed by the "fa la la" above it. (Just keep watching!) But the first image which called to me was the wreath. I love how sketchy, yet dense, it is. I used it for a non-holiday card here. Today I went Christmas. With a twist.

Do you recall "magic slider" cards? Like this beauty which was around blogland awhile ago. Here's my version. That's the wreath stamped in platinum StazOn on acetate with red Sharpie berries that you're looking at in the frame.


And then the magic begins...


Voila!



Silly me. I didn't photograph the CS tag under the acetate, so you just have to imagine it's stamped in Adirondack Bottle green and I sprinkled fine red glitter on droplets of glue to make berries. Had to keep this extra height on the CS tag in mind when constructing the secret compartment, but thicker foam adhesive did the trick. 

I remember being in awe of this technique once I finally got my head around it. Recently I've made two and DD just requested one for her girlfriend. Guess I'm not the only one who likes magic!

I'm playing in these fun challenges:

Inspiration Emporium where the December challenge is titled "Happy Holidays"
Addicted to CAS - where the code word is "tag". Got two actually ;)
Addicted to Stamps and More where this is the lovely photo inspiration


Two more photos to share with you. 25 years ago this is what things were looking like at the Berlin Wall as it started to "come down". 

Image Source

And last night, over 300,000 people celebrated in Berlin. Part of the celebration included releasing 8000 balloons which had been lined up along the site of "the Wall".

Image Source
Happy Unity Day, Germany!














18 comments:

Hannelie said...

Creative... Gorgeous! Love it!

Shelly said...

Wow! This is very cool and pretty! Love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card and technique! Happy Unity Day my friend!

Katie Melhus said...

This is a lovely card, the dimension on your tag is great! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Lee-Anne said...

Love the gold embossing and wonderful tag design, Maria! Happy Unity Day!

Anita in France said...

Wow, so cool, creative and fantastic, Maria ... this technique was around before I made it into blogland, so if you hadn't added the link, I would never have figured out how you did it! Magic! Evocative photo's ... was in Berlin the summer after the wall came down ... certainly looks a bit different now than it did then! Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

Just stunning and I love the magic you created with your card, just stunning.

Shery Russ said...

Ohh! I love this, Maria! FANTASTIC card!

~amy~ said...

okay, that's totally magical!

Darnell said...

Well, now I'm the one in awe, Maria! Speechless awe!! Hugs, Darnell

Jamie said...

WOW! This is sooo cool! I love this! I had to go to your link to figure out how the heck you did this! :) Love the gold embossing it's so pretty.

Monika Skinner said...

Wow, Maria! Simply Magic!!!! Wished I could have been in Berlin for the celebration ...., hope you celebrated well! Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

Kylie said...

This is a brilliant desing, Maria! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Loll said...

Amazing design Maria ... it really is magic! Happy Unity Day (I'm a little late). Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll xx

SonjaK said...

Amazing slider effect, Maria. I haven't seen it before and I'm really thrilled to see how it turned out on your card.

Anonymous said...

How amazing !!! I can't get my head around it so will have to do some research the result is fabulous and I love the colours. Thanks so much for sharing with us Maria at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie

p.s. seems like it was only yesterday that the wall came down

cm said...

Voila, indeed, Maria, and I'll second the others who proclaim *magical* about this sweet card. Incredibly pretty...You and that wreath are a perfect couple! I'm late, but "Happy Unity Day"!
~c

Michelle Lupton said...

Magic! What a great idea! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...