Wednesday, December 18, 2013

bang for your buck (CFC, SSS)

Hey there.  In case you don't have enough on your plate at the moment, here is a project that gives you THE best bang for your buck.  Seriously, this is SOOOO effective and basically so easy.



Saw one of these at my girlfriend's house years back and was flabbergasted when she explained how easy they were to make.  I then taught DD's grade school class how to make them and they were hanging all over windows in Nierstein!  When I recently saw this tutorial, I figured it was high time to share this idea.

Now you can make the arms of the snowflake with any size squares you like.  How about with neon Post-it notes?  But I used construction paper pieces that were about 8" square for each of the arms.  This puppy is huge!  See?


Speaking of puppy... that fencing is to keep Miss Ellie off of our open steps.  DD is slowly teaching her to do steps but she's basically a main floor pooch.

So, if you're not crafty burned-out yet, give this a try!  BTW, the tute tells you to draw or print out the lines to cut along on your folded squares.  I just snipped in from the folded edge, no guidelines ;)

I'm hooking up at these snowy challenges:
CASual Fridays #123 - Let it Snow
Simon Says Stamp - Let it Snow

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I have a couple of these hanging around my house that I made a few years ago! I love them so much, I can't take them down, lol! A big red snowflake is perfect for Christmas. I might have to revisit paper snowflakes. :-)

Lin said...

What a fun entry to our challenge, Maria! I have various paper snowflakes on our tree - must go check this one out for the future! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Lindsey said...

This is awesome! I love that you can make it so big.

Joyce said...

This is breathtaking and awesome. It caught my eye over at CAS Fridays. I'm feeling brave, and will try it too.

Jingle said...

This is totally cool!!! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for posting that tutorial. I've seen similar on Pinterest, but they appeared to be so complex that I never attempted making them. Yours is beautiful!
Happy Holidays! ~Michelle

Kelly Griglione said...

Holy smokes! That's one ginormous snowflake! And I love that it's red. And that you didn't use guidelines ... makes it sound so much easier. So glad you shared this at CAS-ual Fridays!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Awesome project Maria, love it, thank you for the tutorial.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...